Yoga & Creativity Retreat
October 9 - October 14
Yoga & Creativity Retreat
Reignite and Explore Your Creative Self
OCT 9-14, 2022
The falling leaves, crisp air, and fiery gold hues of autumn spark a certain kind of melancholy. The sultry ripeness of summer turns cool, inspiring us to point our compass inward.
This retreat invites every creative spirit to turn inward, and gather an abundance of riches from within. Take hands-on photography sessions with Robert Sturman, practice creativity-inspiring Yin Yoga with Kelly Kamm, and immerse yourself in art collections with Tashi Chodron of the Rubin Museum and Laura Dickstein Thompson of MASS MoCa.
Join Yoga Love Magazine for a first-of-its-kind retreat at Omega combining the practices of yoga and the arts, with sessions such as:
- Archetypes in Motion: Identifying strong archetypal patterns is a way to better understand ourselves. Guided by Kelly Kamm, enjoy an all-levels yoga class inspired by five archetypal deities: Artemis, Krishna, Demeter, Kali, and Buddha. Then, join a discussion on how these energies show up in our hearts and in the world. Last but not least, tap into your longings and make a collage inspired by your chosen archetype.
- Unfurling and Unfolding—The Art of Letting Go: In traditional Chinese medicine, the onset of fall signals our descent into the metal element. Like the season it represents, metal energy is a time for shedding, turning towards quietude, and for transformation. Play with the tools of Yin Yoga, breathwork, meditation, and journaling as a way to digest summer, to shine a tender light on what needs releasing. Use the energetic channels of the lungs and large intestine as your gateway to explore your inner world, finding, perhaps, that it yields gold.
- Awaken Your Wisdom: Find inspiration through works of art from the collection of the Rubin Museum in New York City, chosen by Tashi Chodron, the founder of Himalayan Pantry Inc. and Voices of Tibet – Tibetan Oral History Project. Then, join Tashi in a Tibetan meditation.
- Practice Slowing Down With Art: Learn to collectively press the reset button after this dark period in recent human history. Guided by Laura Dickstein Thompson, artist, educator and mindfulness practitioner from MASS MoCA, engage in art activities and contemplative practices to calm your spirit, form community, and envision possibilities for a brighter future. Practice slowing down and becoming more alert to the messages of contemporary art, join a forest bathing meditation, and take part in a guided painting activity.
- Yoga Photography Journey: Robert Sturman shares his mindful approach to creating powerful images celebrating the beautiful art of yoga. He guides an exploration of his body of work and how it aims to evolve humanity in a more positive direction. Learn techniques and tricks to create your own powerful images and gain the inspiration, confidence, and knowledge to use your camera mindfully and masterfully. Aspiring models and yogis, learn what it takes to get great pictures.
This immersion is for anyone interested in connecting to the creative spark that lies within all of us. No yoga experience is necessary. Come be the photographer, model, artist, muse—or all of these.
Things to BringDATE:
October 9-14, 2022
150 Lake Drive
Rhinebeck, NY 12572